Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Jim Jordan on Combatting Deep State Weaponization: ‘We Have Done Everything We Can’

August 17, 2026

Latin America’s Right-Wing Wave Continues as Colombia’s New President Supports U.S. Counternarcotics Operations

August 17, 2026

Trump Orders Reduced South Korea Military Exercises, Citing Friendship with Kim Jong-un

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Monday, August 17
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»Israel kills senior Hezbollah commander in Beirut
World

Israel kills senior Hezbollah commander in Beirut

Press RoomBy Press RoomNovember 24, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

Haytham Ali Tabatabai was said to be second-in-command of the Lebanese militant group

An Israeli airstrike on Beirut on Sunday has killed a senior commander in the militant movement Hezbollah.

Haytham Ali Tabatabai, also known by his nom de guerre Abu Ali Tabatabai, was struck in the Haret Hreik district, a stronghold of Hezbollah in the Lebanese capital. Both Hezbollah and the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed his death. According to Lebanon’s Health Ministry, the attack killed at least five people and injured 28 others.

Tabatabai joined Hezbollah as a teenager after its formation during Israel’s 1982 invasion of Lebanon. He was one of the few long-serving commanders to survive Israel’s targeted-killing campaign last year.

Hezbollah is among the Iran-backed forces opposing Israel’s regional dominance. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised the strike, calling it part of Israel’s ongoing efforts to destroy the group, which it accuses of terrorism.


“It is not for nothing that the US put a bounty of five million dollars on his head,” Netanyahu said on X, referring to the reward the US issued in 2016, a year after Tabatabai escaped an earlier Israeli assassination attempt.

Israeli officials said Tabatabai served as the group’s “second-in-command” within its current military hierarchy. Hezbollah referred to him as a “great commander.”

Netanyahu claimed Tabatabai had been overseeing Hezbollah’s rearmament efforts as the organization worked to rebuild its capabilities following a string of setbacks by Israel, including the detonation of booby-trapped pagers last year that Israeli intelligence previously infiltrated into the movement’s supply channels. He argued that dismantling the organization would enable “a better future… for every citizen in Lebanon.”

Lebanese President Joseph Aoun condemned the latest attack, calling on the international community to “assume its responsibility and intervene firmly and seriously to stop the attacks on Lebanon and its people.”

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Trump Orders Reduced South Korea Military Exercises, Citing Friendship with Kim Jong-un

August 17, 2026
World

Israeli settler attacks terrorize last all-Christian village in West Bank (VIDEO)

August 17, 2026
World

‘Dark’ oil trade still flowing despite Hormuz disruption – Bloomberg

August 17, 2026
World

Ceuta Crisis: Hundreds of Illegal Migrants Demand Asylum Benefits

August 17, 2026
World

White British Students Set to Become a Minority in UK Schools Within 10 Years, MP Warns

August 17, 2026
World

WATCH hundreds of migrants demand asylum in Spanish enclave

August 17, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Latin America’s Right-Wing Wave Continues as Colombia’s New President Supports U.S. Counternarcotics Operations

August 17, 2026

Trump Orders Reduced South Korea Military Exercises, Citing Friendship with Kim Jong-un

August 17, 2026

Reform UK Unveils Plans to Cut Welfare by £50 Billion a Year, Including Ending Benefits to Foreigners

August 17, 2026

Democrat Gubernatorial Hopeful David Jolly Fled Florida in Fear During Pandemic, Mocked ‘Personal Freedom’

August 17, 2026
Latest News

Israeli settler attacks terrorize last all-Christian village in West Bank (VIDEO)

August 17, 2026

WATCH: Socialist Mayor Mamdani Delivers Full Address in Chinese, Giving 2,000 Free Broadway Tickets for Free

August 17, 2026

Exclusive: First Lady Melania Trump Facilitates 34th Family Reunification of Children Displaced in Russia-Ukraine War

August 17, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Jim Jordan on Combatting Deep State Weaponization: ‘We Have Done Everything We Can’

August 17, 2026

Latin America’s Right-Wing Wave Continues as Colombia’s New President Supports U.S. Counternarcotics Operations

August 17, 2026

Trump Orders Reduced South Korea Military Exercises, Citing Friendship with Kim Jong-un

August 17, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.