Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Jayapal: SCOTUS Is ‘Not Acting in the Interests of the American People’

August 19, 2026

Democratic Congressman Under Ethics Committee Investigation for Alleged ‘Inappropriate Sexual Contact’

August 19, 2026

Germany’s AfD Calls for Domestic Political Spy Agency to Be Disbanded for ‘Suppressing Political Opposition’

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Wednesday, August 19
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»‘Protect Our Community’: Locals Protest Planned Migrant Camps in Britain as Gov’t Presents Supposed Crackdown
World

‘Protect Our Community’: Locals Protest Planned Migrant Camps in Britain as Gov’t Presents Supposed Crackdown

Press RoomBy Press RoomNovember 16, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

Protests continued against the Labour government’s plans to house hundreds of mostly young male migrants in converted army camps, which locals warn endanger their communities.

While the government was busy promoting its supposed crackdown on mass migration, hundreds of locals in Crowborough took to the streets on Sunday to protest against plans to place 600 migrants in the town’s army barracks.

Demonstrators were heard chanting “Starmer out!” and seen carrying placards reading: “If in doubt, keep ’em out”, “Protect our community”, and “Crowborough says NO”, according to The Sun.

Speaking to the paper, one local resident said: “The announcement was just dropped on us from a great height with no consultation and no detail and it is the fear of the unknown that is really worrying people.

“Six hundred unemployed, bored young men in one place is a lot of people and they are going to be… looking for things to do.”

Protests also broke out in Inverness, Scotland on Saturday over plans to house over 300 alleged asylum seekers at the nearby Cameron Barracks. The plans come amid a broader effort to reduce the number of migrants living in hotels at taxpayer expense. The Tory era scheme previously sparked nationwide protests following the sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl outside of a migrant hotel in Epping by an Ethiopian illegal.

The latest round of protests came as Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood announced a raft of measures intended to reduce migration, an issue which has dogged the left-wing Labour government over the past year and has been cited as a key motivating factor for the rise of Nigel Farage’s Reform UK party.

Mahmood said that the government will attempt to model its immigration policies on the Danish model, which has been relatively successful in blocking illegal immigration compared to its European counterparts. The Home Secretary stated that one of the central measures will require alleged asylum seekers who enter the country illegally to wait twenty years before becoming eligible for permanent residence.

Chairwoman of Crowborough Shield, which organised the demonstration on Sunday, Kim Bailey said: “20 years sounds reasonable, but it won’t make any difference to our current situation. It won’t make any difference to what happens here.”

Critics have also claimed that the government’s plans to reduce migration will have little impact while the United Kingdom remains bound by the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) and its associated Strasbourg-based court, which is often appealed to in order to prevent deportations from Britain. Although the UK withdrew from the European Union, the ECHR is technically a separate institution and therefore Britain’s membership was not impacted by Brexit.

Writing for the Daily Mail, Professor Matt Goodwin said: “Mahmood and Starmer might like to think that they can sort out Britain’s acute illegal migration problem without withdrawing from the ECHR, a body which has almost sacred significance for the Prime Minister, given his background as a human rights lawyer. But they are fooling themselves.

“This ‘Danish lite’ approach will be no more effective than the much-mocked ‘One In, One Out’ deal with France. A gimmick that grabs headlines but does nothing to move the dial.

“If it was serious about reducing illegal migration, Labour would withdraw from the ECHR, repeal the Human Rights Act and finally put Britons where they belong, which is first.”

Follow Kurt Zindulka on X: Follow @KurtZindulka or e-mail to: [email protected]



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Germany’s AfD Calls for Domestic Political Spy Agency to Be Disbanded for ‘Suppressing Political Opposition’

August 19, 2026
World

Muslim kingdom prepares to celebrate baptism of Jesus

August 19, 2026
World

Russian and Egyptian nuclear authorities reject ‘biased’ Politico report

August 19, 2026
World

Trump declares Hormuz ‘new US territory’

August 19, 2026
World

Chinese Foreign Minister Heads to South Korea After Trump Scales Back Military Exercise

August 19, 2026
World

AI-written bills riddled with errors flooding US Congress – Politico

August 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Democratic Congressman Under Ethics Committee Investigation for Alleged ‘Inappropriate Sexual Contact’

August 19, 2026

Germany’s AfD Calls for Domestic Political Spy Agency to Be Disbanded for ‘Suppressing Political Opposition’

August 19, 2026

Fauci’s Phone Reveals Official at NIAID’s Vaccine Research Center Warned ‘Avoid Vaccination in First Trimester’ in 2021

August 19, 2026

OF COURSE: DSA Co-Chair in NYC Reportedly Lives in $1.5 Million Home His Rich Parents Bought for Him

August 19, 2026
Latest News

Federal Appeals Court Allows Trump Admin to Subpoena Clinics Accused of Giving Sex Change Drugs to Minors

August 19, 2026

Muslim kingdom prepares to celebrate baptism of Jesus

August 19, 2026

MI Sheriff Drops Bombshell: Whistleblower Reveals How Sec Of State Is Putting Non-Citizens On Voter Rolls [VIDEO]

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Jayapal: SCOTUS Is ‘Not Acting in the Interests of the American People’

August 19, 2026

Democratic Congressman Under Ethics Committee Investigation for Alleged ‘Inappropriate Sexual Contact’

August 19, 2026

Germany’s AfD Calls for Domestic Political Spy Agency to Be Disbanded for ‘Suppressing Political Opposition’

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.