The Trump Administration is reportedly preparing to send federal agents and National Guard troops into Chicago as soon as next week, as he ramps up threats against leftist governors and mayors to replicate his takeover of Washington, DC.
Per the New York Times, 200 Homeland Security Officials will be deployed and housed at Naval Station Great Lakes near Chicago, potentially for the entire month of September.
The enforcement operations will be centered on arresting illegal aliens in the sanctuary state of Illinois, but the National Guard could be used to quell violent rioters, as done in Los Angeles, or to deter crime, as we are seeing in Washington, DC.
Trump deployed federal law enforcement, National Guard troops, and he federalized the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, DC, earlier this month. Over 1,300 criminals have been arrested, and the district has seen a sharp decline in crime, including a 30% reduction in violent crime and a 57% reduction in homicides.
The President said on Truth Social last night that carjacking is down 87%. “DC will soon be a CRIME FREE ZONE, in only 14 days, far faster than scheduled,” he said.
Trump: Carjacking in DC is down 87%. ALL other categories of crime are likewise down massively since I got involved. DC will soon be a CRIME FREE ZONE, in only 14 days, far faster than scheduled. Thank you for your attention to this matter!
Sources familiar with the Chicago plans told CNN that the President is going to move in on Chicago as soon as next week.
The President has recently spoken about potential plans to deploy the National Guard and federal forces in other cities, such as Baltimore, Chicago, New York, and San Francisco.
As The Gateway Pundit reported, President Trump told reporters on Friday, “I think Chicago will be our next, and then we’ll help with New York.” He added, “Now, you look at what the Democrats have done to San Francisco. They’ve destroyed it… We’ll clean that one up, too.”
Per CNN:
Chicago was among the first cities targeted in immigration enforcement operations when Trump took office in January. The administration also sued the city over its so-called sanctuary policies, though the case was dismissed when a judge ruled the federal government lacked the legal standing to bring the challenge, and threatened to withhold federal funding, which was also blocked by a judge.
Now, the anticipated operations in Chicago are expected to be at a larger scale, using personnel from Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Customs and Border Protection, and possibly other agencies. Officials are preparing the National Guard to help if a peacekeeping presence is needed, akin to what unfolded in Los Angeles following protests, the sources said.
Preparations for Chicago are already underway, including sending armored vehicles to the city in the coming days and surging federal agents by next Friday, Sept. 5, when, according to two sources, the operation is expected to kick off. Discussions, however, are still ongoing and planning is in flux.
White House officials have made clear that these plans are distinct from the idea the president has suggested over the past week to use federal law enforcement and National Guard troops to carry out a broader crime crackdown in Chicago, similar to the current surge in Washington, DC.
This comes after President Trump teased sending federal authorities into Chicago, telling America to “STAY TUNED!”
As The Gateway Pundit reported, Trump slammed Illinois Governor JB Pritzker on Thursday after another weekend of violence in Chicago, signaling that he will take over the city if needed.
Per CBS, 6 people were killed and 27 were injured in shootings over the weekend. The victims’ age range reportedly 5 to 48 years old.
Trump responded, “Governor Pritzker had 6 murders in Chicago this weekend. 20 people were shot. But he doesn’t want to ask me for help. Can this be possible? The people are desperate for me to STOP THE CRIME, something the Democrats aren’t capable of doing. STAY TUNED!!! President DJT”
“STAY TUNED!” – President Trump Teases Federal Crackdown on Chicago Incoming After Six Killed, 20 Shot
This is a developing story.
Read the full article here