Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Iran-Backed Houthi Terrorists Claim Attacks on Saudi Airport and Oil Facility

August 22, 2026

Moskowitz: Mamdani ‘Feeding Red Meat to Those Antisemites, Every Day,’ Causes Violence

August 22, 2026

Mamdani’s Socialist Government Considering Subsidizing For-Profit Grocery Stores to Compete With State-Supported Ones

August 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Saturday, August 22
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»Tech»NASA Begins Countdown for First Moon Shot in 53 Years
Tech

NASA Begins Countdown for First Moon Shot in 53 Years

Press RoomBy Press RoomMarch 31, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — NASA began the countdown Monday for humanity’s first launch to the moon in 53 years.

The 32-story Space Launch System rocket is poised to blast off Wednesday evening with four astronauts. After a day in orbit around Earth, their Orion capsule will propel them to the moon and back. There are no stops — just a quick U-turn around the moon. The nearly 10-day flight will end with a splashdown in the Pacific.

“Our team has worked extremely hard to get us to this moment,” said launch director Charlie Blackwell-Thompson. “Certainly all indications are right now we are in excellent, excellent shape.”

Managers said the rocket is doing well following the latest round of repairs. Forecasters said the weather should cooperate.

NASA’s Artemis II mission should have soared in February, but was grounded by hydrogen fuel leaks. The leaks were fixed, but then a helium pressurization line became clogged, forcing a return to the hangar late last month. The rocket returned to the pad 1 1/2 weeks ago, and its U.S.-Canadian crew arrived at the launch site on Friday.

Unlike Apollo, which sent only men to the moon from 1968 through 1972, Artemis’ debut crew includes a woman, person of color and a non-U.S. citizen.

Artemis II’s pilot Victor Glover said over the weekend that he wants young people to see them and think, “Girl power and that’s awesome, and that young brown boys and girls can look at me and go ‘Hey, he looks like me and he’s doing what???’”

At the same time, Glover, who is Black, looks forward to when ”one day we don’t have to talk about these firsts” and exploring the cosmos becomes an all-encompassing “human history.”

NASA has the first six days of April to launch Artemis II before standing down until the end of the month.

___

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

Tech

Tech Giants Scramble to Calm Public Anger over AI Data Centers

August 21, 2026
Tech

James Talarico Shuts Out Local News at Campaign Event

August 21, 2026
Tech

Liquid Death and Jason Kelce’s Garage Beer Mockingly Call on Americans to Save Urine to Cool AI Data Centers

August 21, 2026
Tech

‘This Is What the Emperor Needs’: Darth Vader Shows Up at San Diego City Council Meeting to Mock Flock Cameras

August 21, 2026
Tech

‘Grand Theft Auto 6’ Clips Point to Leakers Having Full Playable Build of Blockbuster Game

August 21, 2026
Tech

Nolte: Washington Post Panics over AI, Suggests Socialism May Be Only Remedy

August 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Moskowitz: Mamdani ‘Feeding Red Meat to Those Antisemites, Every Day,’ Causes Violence

August 22, 2026

Mamdani’s Socialist Government Considering Subsidizing For-Profit Grocery Stores to Compete With State-Supported Ones

August 22, 2026

Iran Vows ‘Devastating’ Military Response: U.S. Readies to Unleash Toughest Sanctions to ‘Collapse’ Regime

August 22, 2026

Moskowitz: ‘Democratic Leadership Needs to Speak Out Against the DSA Agenda’

August 22, 2026
Latest News

Appeals Court Rules Trump Didn’t Have Authority to Appoint Federal Prosecutor Who Subpoenaed Letitia James

August 22, 2026

El-Sayed: Mike Rogers Is Afraid of ‘Pissing Off Daddy Trump’

August 22, 2026

Pentagon Fires Stars and Stripes Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, and Reporter for “Insubordination”

August 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Iran-Backed Houthi Terrorists Claim Attacks on Saudi Airport and Oil Facility

August 22, 2026

Moskowitz: Mamdani ‘Feeding Red Meat to Those Antisemites, Every Day,’ Causes Violence

August 22, 2026

Mamdani’s Socialist Government Considering Subsidizing For-Profit Grocery Stores to Compete With State-Supported Ones

August 22, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.