Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Trump and Canada have a deal*

August 19, 2026

BREAKING: Judge John Roach Recused from Karmelo Anthony Murder Appeal After Defense Challenged His Post-Trial Comments About the Verdict

August 19, 2026

The Fourth Circuit Says Border Agents Can Search Your Phone By Hand, No Suspicion Required

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Wednesday, August 19
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»Trump Sends America’s Largest Aircraft Carrier to Caribbean amid Rising Tensions with Venezuela
World

Trump Sends America’s Largest Aircraft Carrier to Caribbean amid Rising Tensions with Venezuela

Press RoomBy Press RoomNovember 13, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

America’s largest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald R. Ford, arrived in the Caribbean on Tuesday, joining eight other warships and a nuclear submarine in the region.

The Pentagon said the carrier would bolster its effort to “disrupt narcotics trafficking and degrade and dismantle Transnational Criminal Organizations.”

President Donald Trump ordered the Gerald R. Ford to the Caribbean three weeks ago, prompting Venezuela’s socialist dictator, Nicolas Maduro, to claim the United States was preparing for a regime change invasion of his country.

The Maduro regime announced on Tuesday it was launching a “massive deployment” of air, land, and sea forces, putting “the entire country’s military arsenal on full operational readiness” in response to the “imperialist threat” from U.S. forces.

The Gerald Ford was previously stationed near Croatia, so it had to cross the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean to reach the Caribbean. The carrier’s battle group includes two guided missile destroyers, USS Bainbridge and USS Mahan, plus the missile defense command ship USS Winston S. Churchill.

“With more than 4,000 Sailors and dozens of tactical aircraft aboard, Gerald R. Ford provides combatant commanders and America’s civilian leaders increased capacity to project power through sustained operations at sea. The first-in-class carrier can simultaneously catapult launch and recover fixed-wing aircraft on its flight deck, day or night, in support of tasked operations,” U.S. Southern Command (SOUTHCOM) said on Tuesday as the carrier entered its area of responsibility.

SOUTHCOM Commander Adm. Alvin Holsey said the carrier strike group’s redeployment “represents a critical step in reinforcing our resolve to protect the security of the Western Hemisphere and the safety of the American homeland.”

Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) is the leading ship in a new class of nuclear-powered “supercarriers.” Construction began in 2005, and the ship was commissioned in July 2017. The carrier’s first major deployment began in May 2023.

Gerald R. Ford can carry over 75 fixed and rotary-wing military aircraft, greatly augmenting the strike power of the F-35 fighters and bombers already operating around Venezuela. The crew of the supercarrier numbers about 4,000.

The Caribbean buildup has become the largest U.S. military presence in the region since the invasion of Panama in 1989. Analyst Mark Cancian of the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) told the Washington Post on Tuesday that the arrival of Gerald R. Ford started a “shot clock” on Trump’s next play in Latin America.

“This is not an asset they can just keep there indefinitely. They have to use it or move it. And moving it would mean they are standing down,” Cancian noted.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Trump and Canada have a deal*

August 19, 2026
World

Nolte: Even After Record Heat Deaths Belgium Retards Refuse Air Conditioning

August 19, 2026
World

US targets ICC chief in push to ‘dismantle’ court

August 19, 2026
World

Switzerland to Resume Sending Asylum Seekers Back to Italy

August 19, 2026
World

WATCH beaming Israeli security minister unveil execution facility for Palestinians

August 19, 2026
World

Pride in Britain, State Institutions, Legacy Media Collapses, Report Finds

August 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

BREAKING: Judge John Roach Recused from Karmelo Anthony Murder Appeal After Defense Challenged His Post-Trial Comments About the Verdict

August 19, 2026

The Fourth Circuit Says Border Agents Can Search Your Phone By Hand, No Suspicion Required

August 19, 2026

Nolte: Even After Record Heat Deaths Belgium Retards Refuse Air Conditioning

August 19, 2026

Number of UK Welfare Recipients Hits Record High of 8.4 Million

August 19, 2026
Latest News

KY Gov. Andy Beshear: ‘Absolutely Nothing Back’ from Mitch McConnell After Demands for Health Update

August 19, 2026

Watch: In Just 30 Seconds Bill Maher Uses Actual History to Defeat One of Palestinians’ Dirtiest Gaza Lies

August 19, 2026

‘The Pitt’ Star Noah Wyle Hopes David Ellison Only ‘Saber Rattling’ About Paramount Leaving California: ‘Going to Take Hollywood Out of Hollywood’

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Trump and Canada have a deal*

August 19, 2026

BREAKING: Judge John Roach Recused from Karmelo Anthony Murder Appeal After Defense Challenged His Post-Trial Comments About the Verdict

August 19, 2026

The Fourth Circuit Says Border Agents Can Search Your Phone By Hand, No Suspicion Required

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.