Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Derek Chauvin’s Attorney Makes ‘Bombshell’ Motion to Dismiss, Alleging ‘Fraudulent’ Conduct by Tim Walz and Keith Ellison

August 21, 2026

South America Produces 4,000 Metric Tons of Cocaine per Year, Argentine Minister Says

August 21, 2026

Kinzinger: Trump Is Not Taking Iran Conflict ‘Seriously’

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Friday, August 21
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»UK Migrant Returns Deal With France Will Take Three Centuries to Pay Off, Think Tank Finds
World

UK Migrant Returns Deal With France Will Take Three Centuries to Pay Off, Think Tank Finds

Press RoomBy Press RoomOctober 24, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

Analysis from the Migration Watch UK think tank has found that Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer’s ‘one in, one out’ deportation scheme with France would take nearly three hundred years to remove the migrants who have arrived since the 2024 general election.

Amid a record setting pace of illegal boat migrants landing on British shores under the leftist Labour Party government, with Prime Minister Starmer’s flagship plan of “smashing the gangs” failing to make a dent in arrivals, London and Paris agreed in July to the so-called ‘one in, one out’ scheme to in a bid to disincentivise illegal crossings of the English Channel.

However, the scheme, in which boat migrants are sent back to France in exchange for asylum seekers with supposedly strong claims to obtain refugee status in Britain, has so far failed to meaningfully increase deportations, with just dozens being sent back to France under the framework.

According to calculations from Migration Watch UK, just 42 boat migrants were sent back to France in the first 76 days of the scheme. This is compared to the 59,348 illegal migrants who successfully crossed the English Channel since the July 4th general election last year.

The think tank estimated that based on current trends, it would take the British government 294 years to send back the illegals that arrived under Labour’s watch back to France, provided no more new migrants arrived in Britain for the rest of time.

In comments provided to Breitbart London, Migration Watch Chairman Alp Mehmet said: “This is not a legacy to look back on with pride, Prime Minister. Moreover, if we receive one migrant back for each one we return, we will have the same number, plus new arrivals, to fend for.

“The public have had enough of fibs and bluster, which the gangs lap up as they get smashed on champagne.”

Meanwhile, the Home Office admitted on Wednesday that one of the first illegals sent back to France under the ‘one in, one out’ scheme has already illegally returned to Britain on another small boat launched from the French coast.

Speaking to the left-wing Guardian newspaper, the migrant said that he wants to be granted asylum in the UK, while claiming that he has been a victim of modern slavery by people smuggling gangs operating in northern France and was therefore afraid for his life upon being sent back to the country.

He claimed to have fallen “into the trap of a human trafficking network in the forests of France before I crossed to the UK from France the first time.”

The unnamed migrant claimed that the traffickers forced him to work, abused him, and threatened to kill him with a gun if he protested.

However, he said that he did not reveal his alleged mistreatment to the UK Home Office when he first arrived illegally in the country out of “shame”.

The French Interior Ministry rejected the notion that returned migrants under the scheme would be in any danger upon being sent back to France, given that they are provided with state-funded accommodation while it is being decided whether to send them back to their native countries.

A spokesman for the UK Home Office said: “We will not accept any abuse of our borders, and we will do everything in our power to remove those without the legal right to be here. Individuals who are returned under the pilot and subsequently attempt to re-enter the UK illegally will be removed.”

Follow Kurt Zindulka on X: Follow @KurtZindulka or e-mail to: [email protected]



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

South America Produces 4,000 Metric Tons of Cocaine per Year, Argentine Minister Says

August 21, 2026
World

‘Totalitarian society’: Iconic Serbian filmaker hits out after YouTube ban

August 21, 2026
World

North Korea Launches Missile Barrage After Trump’s Peace Overtures

August 21, 2026
World

Hezbollah won’t disarm – Beirut residents to RT (VIDEO)

August 21, 2026
World

Russia Kills 16+ in Kyiv With Ballistic Missile Barrage

August 21, 2026
World

PHOTOS: Archeologists May Have Found Lost Egyptian City with Ties to Biblical Exodus

August 21, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

South America Produces 4,000 Metric Tons of Cocaine per Year, Argentine Minister Says

August 21, 2026

Kinzinger: Trump Is Not Taking Iran Conflict ‘Seriously’

August 21, 2026

‘Totalitarian society’: Iconic Serbian filmaker hits out after YouTube ban

August 21, 2026

Federal Housing Bill Pulte Responds to Reports of Sharia Compliant Home Mortgages

August 21, 2026
Latest News

North Korea Launches Missile Barrage After Trump’s Peace Overtures

August 21, 2026

Walkinshaw on DSA: ‘Welcome’ ‘Anyone Who Wants to Be Part of Our Coalition’, ‘A Lot’ of DSA Candidates Reject Parts of Platform

August 21, 2026

Hezbollah won’t disarm – Beirut residents to RT (VIDEO)

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Derek Chauvin’s Attorney Makes ‘Bombshell’ Motion to Dismiss, Alleging ‘Fraudulent’ Conduct by Tim Walz and Keith Ellison

August 21, 2026

South America Produces 4,000 Metric Tons of Cocaine per Year, Argentine Minister Says

August 21, 2026

Kinzinger: Trump Is Not Taking Iran Conflict ‘Seriously’

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.