Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Five Years After the Afghanistan Withdrawal, the Unfulfilled Promises to Our Allies Remain

August 20, 2026

Amazon Aims High With Drones Amid Worries Rivals Could Fly Past

August 20, 2026

California Fleeing: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Heading Back to UK

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Thursday, August 20
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»UK journalist claims Ukraine ‘forcibly conscripted’ his translator
World

UK journalist claims Ukraine ‘forcibly conscripted’ his translator

Press RoomBy Press RoomOctober 29, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

The Sun’s Jerome Starkey says his friend was “press-ganged” after a seemingly routine traffic stop

The defense editor for British newspaper The Sun has claimed his Ukrainian colleague and translator has been forcibly drafted into the army amid the country’s conscription crisis.

In a story published over the weekend, Jerome Starkey wrote that he, photographer Peter Jordan, and an unnamed Ukrainian journalist he has “worked with for years” were stopped by Ukrainian soldiers at a roadblock for what seemed like a routine document check.

According to Starkey, several hours later his Ukrainian colleague was “forcibly press-ganged” into the army. “Our team of three was ripped apart. My friend – who I will call D – had his liberty taken away,” he wrote, adding that the news crew was “left stranded without a translator.”


“A soldier came up and joked: ‘You need a new driver.’ Then he added: ‘Your friend has gone to war. Bang, bang!’ And that was it. I don’t know what D’s fate will be,” Starkey wrote.

Last month, Ukraine exempted men between the ages of 18 and 22 from the nationwide ban on military-age men leaving the country.

The authorities nevertheless continue to struggle to replenish the military’s depleted ranks, while viral clips of conscription officers ambushing young men on the streets have sparked public outrage.

Commanders on the front line have complained that troop shortages are allowing Russian forces to “infiltrate” Ukrainian defenses. Kiev, however, has so far declined to lower the conscription age from 25 to 18, as proposed by US officials.

READ MORE:
Death on wheels: Here’s what Ukrainian men fear more than Russia

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

California Fleeing: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Heading Back to UK

August 20, 2026
World

Ceuta: Spanish Govt Readying for ‘Urgent’ Transfer of 500+ Minor Migrant Girls to Mainland Spain

August 20, 2026
World

The unborn are dying in the siege of Gaza

August 20, 2026
World

UK Gov’t Publishes Pamphlet to Inform Migrants That Rape is Wrong, Sex With Children Is a Crime

August 20, 2026
World

China Launches Probe After Being Implicated in South Korea ‘Sexual Entertainment’ Soccer Scandal

August 20, 2026
World

Mahmood Says Britain Needs ‘Fair Spread’ of So-Called Asylum Seekers

August 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Amazon Aims High With Drones Amid Worries Rivals Could Fly Past

August 20, 2026

California Fleeing: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Heading Back to UK

August 20, 2026

Exclusive: Melania Trump’s Senior Adviser Previews Fostering the Future Strategic Alliance Between IndyCar, Fox Sports, and Universities

August 20, 2026

Former DNI Tulsi Gabbard Shares Emotional Update on Husband Abraham’s “One-in-a-Million” Bone Cancer Battle

August 20, 2026
Latest News

SBA Rule Change Makes 110,000 More Businesses Eligible For Benefits

August 20, 2026

Ceuta: Spanish Govt Readying for ‘Urgent’ Transfer of 500+ Minor Migrant Girls to Mainland Spain

August 20, 2026

Trump’s Director of Legislative Affairs, James Braid, to Depart White House

August 20, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Five Years After the Afghanistan Withdrawal, the Unfulfilled Promises to Our Allies Remain

August 20, 2026

Amazon Aims High With Drones Amid Worries Rivals Could Fly Past

August 20, 2026

California Fleeing: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Heading Back to UK

August 20, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.