Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Dem Senator Jon Ossoff Raises Eyebrows with This Repulsive Comment Regarding President Trump’s Completely Professional Relationship with Aide Natalie Harp (VIDEO)

August 17, 2026

Jim Jordan on Combatting Deep State Weaponization: ‘We Have Done Everything We Can’

August 17, 2026

Latin America’s Right-Wing Wave Continues as Colombia’s New President Supports U.S. Counternarcotics Operations

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Monday, August 17
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»UK Court Hears Pro-Palestine Activist Broke Female Police Officer’s Back With Sledgehammer During Raid
World

UK Court Hears Pro-Palestine Activist Broke Female Police Officer’s Back With Sledgehammer During Raid

Press RoomBy Press RoomNovember 23, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

Jurors were told to put their political views on Israel-Palestine aside as they heard evidence about a raid on a defence industry factory in which a female police sergeant had her back broken, allegedly by being attacked by a sledgehammer-wielding activist.

Seven people denied charges of aggravated burglary, criminal damage and violent disorder arising from a remarkable raid on a defence firm in August of last year. The company, Elbit Systems UK, which is said to supply armaments to the Israeli government, saw a prison van used as a battering ram and several police officers and security staff injured during the alleged raid in Patchway, Bristol.

The Woolwich Crown Court heard that Palestine Action activists allegedly used the former prison van to drive through the facility perimeter fence before battering down a loading door of the factory itself. The prosecution told the court the raid was “meticulously organised”, with different teams wearing different-coloured tracksuits: one team assigned to dealing with the guards, while a second was to cause as much havoc in the factory as possible to put it out of work.

The prosecutor said, “When they broke into the premises, they were each armed with a sledgehammer. There is no doubt that these sledgehammers were intended to be used to damage property, but they were also carried as weapons to be used, if necessary, to threaten and damage people.”

As well as the burglary and damage charges, one of the group, 23-year-old Samuel Corner, of Rock Hill, Georgeham, Devon, faces a charge of causing grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to the sledgehammer. The court heard he allegedly struck a female police officer twice, including once when she was already beaten to the ground, breaking her back.

The prosecutor asserted he had struck “a female officer across the back with his sledgehammer while she was on the floor, facing away from him”. While the police-issue stab vest she was wearing may have absorbed the worst of the impact, her spine was fractured, and Police Sergeant Kate Evans was unable to get up. She has been unable to return to full police duties since.

It was further said that fireworks had been shot at security staff and people had been threatened with melee weapons, including a saw and whip, during the raid. Two security officers were injured.

Court News UK reports the trial was shown footage of a security officer calling his colleagues on a walkie-talkie radio, saying: “There’s literally about eight people who’s broken into the warehouse and smashed up the floor… They’ve smashed up the fence in the back, (gone) straight through – fireworks, everything else, now inside the warehouse with sledgehammers, throwing them at everyone basically”.

The presiding judge ordered jurors to set aside their personal views on the rights or wrongs of both Israel and Palestine when considering the evidence. He said: “Many people have strong views about events in the Middle East – some of you might feel that Israel is entitled to do what it has done in Gaza in order to defend itself against Hamas. Others of you may feel that Israel has acted unlawfully, even that it has committed acts of genocide. Everyone is of course fully entitled to their views but you as the jury in this case must put any views you have on those matters entirely to one side – they are completely irrelevant to your consideration of the case.”

Since the Elbit raid, the Palestine Action group has been declared a terrorist organisation by the British government. This is also something jurors had to put out of their minds, the judge said, given the raid took place before the proscription.

The hearings are expected to run until January 2026.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Trump Orders Reduced South Korea Military Exercises, Citing Friendship with Kim Jong-un

August 17, 2026
World

Israeli settler attacks terrorize last all-Christian village in West Bank (VIDEO)

August 17, 2026
World

‘Dark’ oil trade still flowing despite Hormuz disruption – Bloomberg

August 17, 2026
World

Ceuta Crisis: Hundreds of Illegal Migrants Demand Asylum Benefits

August 17, 2026
World

White British Students Set to Become a Minority in UK Schools Within 10 Years, MP Warns

August 17, 2026
World

WATCH hundreds of migrants demand asylum in Spanish enclave

August 17, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Jim Jordan on Combatting Deep State Weaponization: ‘We Have Done Everything We Can’

August 17, 2026

Latin America’s Right-Wing Wave Continues as Colombia’s New President Supports U.S. Counternarcotics Operations

August 17, 2026

Trump Orders Reduced South Korea Military Exercises, Citing Friendship with Kim Jong-un

August 17, 2026

Reform UK Unveils Plans to Cut Welfare by £50 Billion a Year, Including Ending Benefits to Foreigners

August 17, 2026
Latest News

Democrat Gubernatorial Hopeful David Jolly Fled Florida in Fear During Pandemic, Mocked ‘Personal Freedom’

August 17, 2026

Israeli settler attacks terrorize last all-Christian village in West Bank (VIDEO)

August 17, 2026

WATCH: Socialist Mayor Mamdani Delivers Full Address in Chinese, Giving 2,000 Free Broadway Tickets for Free

August 17, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Dem Senator Jon Ossoff Raises Eyebrows with This Repulsive Comment Regarding President Trump’s Completely Professional Relationship with Aide Natalie Harp (VIDEO)

August 17, 2026

Jim Jordan on Combatting Deep State Weaponization: ‘We Have Done Everything We Can’

August 17, 2026

Latin America’s Right-Wing Wave Continues as Colombia’s New President Supports U.S. Counternarcotics Operations

August 17, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.