Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Porn-content creator picked to promote Warsaw Uprising memory

August 21, 2026

Trump’s Economic D-Day Threat on Iran Could Work if Coupled With Embargoes on Other Axis Nations

August 21, 2026

Record 1.3 Million Migrants Claiming Welfare Benefits in Britain

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Friday, August 21
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»U.N. Nuclear Watchdog Estimates Most of Iran’s Uranium Is Intact – but Blocked from Verifying
World

U.N. Nuclear Watchdog Estimates Most of Iran’s Uranium Is Intact – but Blocked from Verifying

Press RoomBy Press RoomOctober 21, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

Rafael Grossi, Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), said on Saturday that his agency believes “the majority” of Iran’s stockpile of near-weapons-grade uranium survived bombing runs from Israel and the United States in June.

Grossi said during an interview with a Swiss newspaper that the IAEA believes most of the uranium is still stored in Iran’s three primary nuclear facilities at Isfahan, Fordow, and Natanz. All three facilities were hit by devastating airstrikes from the United States in June.

The latest IAEA report estimated Iran has about 400 kilograms of uranium enriched to 60 percent purity, which is far beyond any conceivable civilian use, but just shy of weapons-grade material. The IAEA has been asking Iran to account for the uranium ever since the June airstrikes, but the Iranians have not been very cooperative.

“Will we get access to this uranium? And what will happen to it then? Will Iran want to keep it, will it reduce its enrichment levels again, or will Iran move this uranium abroad? There are many options,” Grossi said on Friday.

Iranian officials, including Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, have said that while U.S. strikes inflicted severe damage on Isfahan, Fordow, and Natanz, most of the uranium already enriched by Iran survived the strikes, and is buried in the rubble of the facilities.

The Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS) reported last week that satellite imagery suggests Iran is beginning to excavate the tunnels leading into the buried Isfahan complex.

“However, the visible activity does not indicate a dash to remove possible centrifuge or enriched uranium stocks inside the tunnel complex; rather it points more towards preparing controlled and secure access to two of the three tunnel entrances, and hardening the entrances and utilities against future strikes,” ISIS said.

Foundation for the Defense of Democracies (FDD) non-proliferation expert Andrea Striker said Grossi’s comments echoed findings by the U.S. and Israeli governments that Iran’s uranium stockpile is intact, but most of it lies buried in the rubble of the destroyed facilities, and Iran’s ability to process the 60-percent uranium into weapons-grade material has been destroyed for the time being.

“Should it attempt to recover and relocate the stocks, Tehran would be gambling on whether those two countries will militarily act to stop the regime,” Stricker said.

Ali Larijani, secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, said on Monday that Iran has canceled its inspection agreement with the IAEA, thus ending the last vestiges of its cooperation with the U.N. nuclear watchdog.

Larijani said Iran was making good on its threat to stop working with the IAEA if the European signatories to the 2015 nuclear deal, formally known as the JCPOA, invoked “snapback” sanctions against Iran.

The so-called E3 nations – France, Germany, and the United Kingdom – initiated the process of snapback sanctions in August, on the grounds that Iran was failing to meet its obligations under the JCPOA. The Trump administration applauded the move, saying it was long overdue for the E3 to join America’s assessment that Iran was cheating on the deal.

The U.N. Security Council (UNSC) imposed snapback sanctions in September. Enraged Iranian officials demanded the rest of the world ignore the sanctions to continue doing business with Tehran. So far, only China and Russia have stood behind Iran.

“Our foreign minister announced after the Cairo meeting that if the trigger mechanism is activated, the negotiations will be considered null and void,” Larijani said on Monday, referring to a meeting between Iranian officials and IAEA representatives in Cairo last month.

“If the agency has a request in this regard, it should submit it to the secretariat of the supreme national security council so that it can be reviewed,” he sniffed.

Larijani said Tehran believes “applying the trigger mechanism was a wrongdoing on the part of Europe that has no basis, and in fact, the Europeans abused the snapback, while the Iranians had met all the conditions for the past 10 years.”

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Porn-content creator picked to promote Warsaw Uprising memory

August 21, 2026
World

Record 1.3 Million Migrants Claiming Welfare Benefits in Britain

August 21, 2026
World

Israel unleashes new strikes on southern Lebanon (VIDEOS)

August 21, 2026
World

Judge Sets $1 Million Bond for Businessman Tied to Gulf Cartel — Bonds Out in 48 Hours

August 21, 2026
World

China rejects US demand to join ‘toughest ever’ Iran sanctions

August 21, 2026
World

Cambridge Scandal: American Academic Who Exposed Alleged Jason Arday Plagiarism Suspended by Own University Over ‘Discrimination’ Probe

August 21, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Trump’s Economic D-Day Threat on Iran Could Work if Coupled With Embargoes on Other Axis Nations

August 21, 2026

Record 1.3 Million Migrants Claiming Welfare Benefits in Britain

August 21, 2026

Navarro: Growing Out of Debt Best Case, But ‘Difficult to Unwind’ Biden Spending

August 21, 2026

Obama-Appointed Judge Who Blocked FBI from Moving Headquarters to Reagan Building Donated Almost $6k to Dems

August 21, 2026
Latest News

Israel unleashes new strikes on southern Lebanon (VIDEOS)

August 21, 2026

California City Council Candidate ARRESTED on Five Felony Counts — Prosecutors Say She Listed a Cocktail Lounge as Her Home

August 21, 2026

John Cleese: “Some Cultures Are Better Than Others”

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Porn-content creator picked to promote Warsaw Uprising memory

August 21, 2026

Trump’s Economic D-Day Threat on Iran Could Work if Coupled With Embargoes on Other Axis Nations

August 21, 2026

Record 1.3 Million Migrants Claiming Welfare Benefits in Britain

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.