Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Trump: ‘Most Gratifying’ Election Loss Was Angie Nixon Defeating ‘Treasonous Creep’ Alexander Vindman

August 19, 2026

Ohio Couple Arrested for Storming Family’s Cruise Cabin and Attacking 9-Year-Old Child After Being Told to “Quiet Down”

August 19, 2026

German Security Expert Sounds Warning on ‘Civil War’ Risk From Illegal Migrants and Leftist Enablers Resisting Deportation

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Wednesday, August 19
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»Trump threatens to sue BBC for $1 billion
World

Trump threatens to sue BBC for $1 billion

Press RoomBy Press RoomNovember 11, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

The British state-funded broadcaster has been wracked by a scandal over unethical edits of a speech given by the US president

 

US President Donald Trump has threatened to sue the BBC for $1 billion, according to media reports. He is demanding the retraction of a documentary in which a speech he gave before the storming of the US Capitol building in Washington, DC in 2021 was unethically edited.

The British state-funded broadcaster apologized on Monday after two of its top executives, Director-General Tim Davie and Head of News Deborah Turness, resigned amid concerns about impartiality related to the editing of a Panorama documentary titled ‘Trump: A Second Chance?’.

The documentary, aired just before the US election last November, spliced excerpts from Trump’s speech to create the impression he was inciting the January 6 riot by telling supporters he would join them to “fight like hell” at the Capitol.

In a letter dated November 9, Trump’s lawyer, Alejandro Brito, requested a full retraction, an apology, and compensation by a deadline of 10pm UK time on Friday, or face legal action. The BBC stated it would review the letter and “respond directly in due course.”

On Monday, BBC Chairman Samir Shah issued a formal apology, acknowledging in a letter to Parliament’s Culture, Media, and Sport Committee that the edited video gave the “impression of a direct call for violent action.” He concluded, “The BBC would like to apologize for that error of judgement.”


The scandal emerged following a whistleblower memo from former BBC standards adviser Michael Prescott, exposed by The Telegraph last week, which alleged that senior executives ignored complaints raised by the corporation’s own standards watchdog.

The BBC “defamed” Trump by “intentionally and deceitfully editing its documentary in order to try and interfere in the presidential election,” a spokesman for Trump’s legal team said, as quoted by Reuters.

Following her resignation, Turness reportedly rejected claims that the corporation was “institutionally biased.” A spokesperson for British Prime Minister Keir Starmer also denied that the BBC was biased or corrupt while acknowledging that “clearly mistakes have been made in this case.”

Trump’s attack on the BBC is the latest in a series of multibillion-dollar legal battles against various media institutions. Recently, several US media companies, including CBS and ABC News, have settled lawsuits brought by the president. Trump has often argued that most mainstream outlets are left-leaning and biased against conservatives, accusing them of spreading false stories to undermine his presidency.

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

German Security Expert Sounds Warning on ‘Civil War’ Risk From Illegal Migrants and Leftist Enablers Resisting Deportation

August 19, 2026
World

Death penalty sought in ChatGPT-linked double murder case

August 19, 2026
World

Colombia: Leftist Ex-President Petro’s Admin Faces 80 Corruption Complaints

August 19, 2026
World

Chinese Foreign Minister Arrives in South Korea for Friendly Talks with Leftist Government

August 19, 2026
World

Trump and Canada have a deal*

August 19, 2026
World

Nolte: Even After Record Heat Deaths Belgium Retards Refuse Air Conditioning

August 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Ohio Couple Arrested for Storming Family’s Cruise Cabin and Attacking 9-Year-Old Child After Being Told to “Quiet Down”

August 19, 2026

German Security Expert Sounds Warning on ‘Civil War’ Risk From Illegal Migrants and Leftist Enablers Resisting Deportation

August 19, 2026

Watch Live: Donald Trump Delivers Address on Tech Innovation

August 19, 2026

Bessent Mocks Robert Reich, Saying the Diminutive Former Labor Secretary Has ‘Come Up Short’

August 19, 2026
Latest News

Death penalty sought in ChatGPT-linked double murder case

August 19, 2026

WATCH LIVE: President Trump Delivers Remarks with Technology Leaders

August 19, 2026

Colombia: Leftist Ex-President Petro’s Admin Faces 80 Corruption Complaints

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Trump: ‘Most Gratifying’ Election Loss Was Angie Nixon Defeating ‘Treasonous Creep’ Alexander Vindman

August 19, 2026

Ohio Couple Arrested for Storming Family’s Cruise Cabin and Attacking 9-Year-Old Child After Being Told to “Quiet Down”

August 19, 2026

German Security Expert Sounds Warning on ‘Civil War’ Risk From Illegal Migrants and Leftist Enablers Resisting Deportation

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.