Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

VIDEO: Trump Tells Supporters at Rally to ‘Pretend’ He’s on the November Ballot

August 23, 2026

Dutch watchdog fines Uber nearly $1 billion

August 23, 2026

Man in Creepy ‘Chucky’ Doll Mask Accused of Terrorizing and Threatening to Kill Women Unmasked and Identified (VIDEO)

August 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Sunday, August 23
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»Trump sued over National Guard deployment
World

Trump sued over National Guard deployment

Press RoomBy Press RoomOctober 6, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

The lawsuit from California and Oregon seeks to stop a federal order deploying troops to Portland amid nationwide protests

The US states of California and Oregon filed a lawsuit on Sunday seeking to block the administration of President Donald Trump from deploying 200 California National Guard troops to the city of Portland.

The legal challenge comes amid nationwide protests over Trump’s immigration crackdown and use of military forces in cities. The Pentagon said it would dispatch the troops to “support US Immigration and Customs Enforcement and other federal personnel carrying out official duties, including enforcing federal law and protecting federal property.”

California’s Democratic governor, Gavin Newsom, said he is suing Trump over the guard deployment, calling it “a breathtaking abuse of the law and power.” Oregon and California maintain that the deployment of out-of-state guard troops is a new overreach and requires a separate court decision.

A federal judge in Oregon has issued a temporary block on any deployment of National Guard troops to Portland, including those coming from other states such as California.

Newsom and California Attorney General Rob Bonta joined Oregon in asking Judge Karin Immergut to extend the order and bar the transfer of California troops to Oregon.

The court order will remain in place until at least October 19 as the legal challenge proceeds.


The dispute followed a decision by Immergut that blocked the Trump administration from deploying Oregon’s own National Guard to Portland amid protests.

Trump told reporters on Sunday that the troop deployments were necessary because “Portland is burning to the ground,” a claim local officials denied.

The development comes amid broader tensions between states and the federal government over the use of military force in domestic settings.

Protests erupted over the weekend in several US cities, with hundreds gathering outside Portland’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility. Demonstrators clashed with federal officers during late-night rallies that led to several arrests. Smaller solidarity marches were also held in Seattle, San Francisco, and Denver.

Trump previously deployed about 2,000 National Guard members and 700 Marines to Los Angeles in June to quell unrest over immigration raids. Immigration enforcement was a central theme of his 2024 election campaign, influencing many of his domestic policy decisions.

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Dutch watchdog fines Uber nearly $1 billion

August 23, 2026
World

Syrian Migrant Mohammed Abdullah Jailed for Raping Woman at British Beachfront

August 22, 2026
World

Two Dead, Twelve Missing as Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Tunisian Coast

August 22, 2026
World

The new world won’t be ruled by the ICC’s bias – or Washington’s overreach

August 22, 2026
World

GOP Rep. McCormick: Iran Has ‘Been Even More Defiant’ ‘Since the War’

August 22, 2026
World

Trump rants about ‘LOSER’ MAGA defectors

August 22, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Dutch watchdog fines Uber nearly $1 billion

August 23, 2026

Man in Creepy ‘Chucky’ Doll Mask Accused of Terrorizing and Threatening to Kill Women Unmasked and Identified (VIDEO)

August 22, 2026

Syrian Migrant Mohammed Abdullah Jailed for Raping Woman at British Beachfront

August 22, 2026

Exclusive – OK Gov. Candidate Mike Mazzei: Flock Cameras Should Only Be Used ‘for Proper Law Enforcement Work’

August 22, 2026
Latest News

Carl Higbie Blasts the Democrat Socialists, “The people Who are Running This Far Left Slide to Socialism are a Bunch of Wealthy Brats” – (VIDEO)

August 22, 2026

Two Dead, Twelve Missing as Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Tunisian Coast

August 22, 2026

EXCLUSIVE – Tom Emmer: Tim Walz Mining Ban Empowers China, Kills Union Jobs

August 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

VIDEO: Trump Tells Supporters at Rally to ‘Pretend’ He’s on the November Ballot

August 23, 2026

Dutch watchdog fines Uber nearly $1 billion

August 23, 2026

Man in Creepy ‘Chucky’ Doll Mask Accused of Terrorizing and Threatening to Kill Women Unmasked and Identified (VIDEO)

August 22, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.