Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

After Cambridge Academic Commits Suicide Over Being Exposed as Fraud, Activists Call for ‘Arday’s Law’ to Limit Free Speech and Honest Reporting

August 19, 2026

Democrat Texas Reps Urge Cities to Separate Ties with ICE

August 19, 2026

ICE Agents Arrest Biden-Released Illegal Alien Accused of Murder in Brazil

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Wednesday, August 19
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»Saudi Migrant Goes on Trial For German Christmas Market Car-Ramming That Killed Six
World

Saudi Migrant Goes on Trial For German Christmas Market Car-Ramming That Killed Six

Press RoomBy Press RoomNovember 10, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

BERLIN (AP) – A Saudi doctor went on trial on murder charges Monday over the car-ramming attack on a Christmas market in the German city of Magdeburg last year that left six people dead.

The 51-year-old suspect, Taleb al-Abdulmohsen, was brought by helicopter to a temporary courtroom in the eastern city specially set up for the trial, and sat behind a bulletproof glass screen.

Five women and a boy died, and many more people were wounded, in the Dec. 20 attack that lasted just over a minute. The defendant is charged with six counts of murder and 338 of attempted murder in the trial at the Magdeburg state court, for which sessions have been scheduled until March. He could face a life prison sentence if convicted.

Prosecutor Matthias Böttcher told the court that al-Abdulmohsen had acted out of “supposed personal frustration” and aimed to hit as many people as possible in order to gain “the attention he wanted,” German news agency dpa reported.

There are no formal pleas in the German legal system. But the defendant told the court: “I am the one who drove the car.”

He didn’t immediately give further details or offer any apology, dpa reported. Instead, he talked about alleged police cover-ups and criticized the media, and the presiding judge admonished him to address the matter at hand.

Investigators have said that the attack was carried out with a rented BMW X3, which reached speeds of up to 48 kph (30 mph) during the rampage. They said when they filed the indictment that he wasn’t under the influence of alcohol and apparently acted out of dissatisfaction with the outcome of a legal dispute and the failure of various criminal complaints. They also have said that he planned the attack without accomplices.

Officials have said the suspect doesn´t fit the usual profile of perpetrators of extremist attacks. The man described himself as an ex-Muslim who was highly critical of Islam and on social media expressed support for the far-right. He had previously come to authorities´ attention for threatening behavior but wasn´t known to have committed any violence.

The Magdeburg car-ramming was one of a series of attacks involving immigrants that pushed migration to the forefront of the campaign for Germany´s national election in February. The defendant arrived in Germany in 2006 and had received permanent residency.



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Democrat Texas Reps Urge Cities to Separate Ties with ICE

August 19, 2026
World

Second ‘suspect’ in Nord Stream blast case arrested

August 19, 2026
World

‘Worse than AI’: Chinese Moviegoers Make Low-Budget Animated Film a Surprise Hit

August 19, 2026
World

Has Serbia withdrawn its support for Russia?

August 19, 2026
World

Syria Defends Its ‘Legal Right’ to Nuclear Energy as U.N. Atomic Chief Visits

August 19, 2026
World

German Security Expert Sounds Warning on ‘Civil War’ Risk From Illegal Migrants and Leftist Enablers Resisting Deportation

August 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Democrat Texas Reps Urge Cities to Separate Ties with ICE

August 19, 2026

ICE Agents Arrest Biden-Released Illegal Alien Accused of Murder in Brazil

August 19, 2026

Second ‘suspect’ in Nord Stream blast case arrested

August 19, 2026

Major Bank Barclays Locked in a Legal Fight With Investors Over Former CEO’s Jes Staley’s Long-Standing Ties to Jeffrey Epstein

August 19, 2026
Latest News

‘Worse than AI’: Chinese Moviegoers Make Low-Budget Animated Film a Surprise Hit

August 19, 2026

Breitbart Business Digest: Fed Paper Finds Industries Most Exposed to Tariffs Saw Largest Productivity Gains

August 19, 2026

North Carolina: Biden-Released Illegal Alien Accused of Killing 51-Year-Old Man in Hit-and-Run

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

After Cambridge Academic Commits Suicide Over Being Exposed as Fraud, Activists Call for ‘Arday’s Law’ to Limit Free Speech and Honest Reporting

August 19, 2026

Democrat Texas Reps Urge Cities to Separate Ties with ICE

August 19, 2026

ICE Agents Arrest Biden-Released Illegal Alien Accused of Murder in Brazil

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.