Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Chinese Man Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Hacking Scheme Targeting BTS Band Member

August 22, 2026

Progressive Aisha Wahab Wins Special Election to Replace Former Rep. Eric Swalwell

August 22, 2026

HORROR: Multiple Patients Paralyzed at Nashville Hospital After ‘Pharmacy Error’ Leads to Drug Mix-Up

August 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Saturday, August 22
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»Prince Harry, Elton John, Liz Hurley, More Ordered to Pay Initial $13 Million to Daily Mail Publisher After Losing Privacy Case
World

Prince Harry, Elton John, Liz Hurley, More Ordered to Pay Initial $13 Million to Daily Mail Publisher After Losing Privacy Case

Press RoomBy Press RoomAugust 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

LONDON (AP) — Prince Harry and six others, including Elton John, have been ordered to pay an initial 9.5 million pounds ($13 million) to the publisher of Britain’s Daily Mail newspaper following their failed invasion of privacy case.

In a judgment Friday, Justice Matthew Nicklin said Friday in a written statement that the payment will have to made by Aug. 28. The payment is at the upper end of expectations.

The claimants lost a High Court case in London last month during which they had alleged malpractice, such as the illegal hacking of phones, on the part of Associated Newspapers.

The publisher has said it accumulated more than 34 million pounds during the case. The remainder of the costs will have to be reimbursed by a later date by the claimants, who are insured for around half that total.

The publisher had strongly denied the claims made during the 11-week trial in London, which ended on July 7 when Nicklin said there had been a shortage of evidence to support the claims and found a possibility that the reporting came from legitimate sources.

The other high-profile figures behind the case were Doreen Lawrence, the anti‑racism activist whose son Stephen was stabbed to death in 1993 as he waited for a bus; Elton John’s film producer husband David Furnish; actors Sadie Frost and Liz Hurley; and politician Simon Hughes.

The judgment comes two days after it was made public that Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, are moving back to the U.K. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are no longer working royals, decamped to California more than six years ago but will relocate back later this month to live in a nonroyal residence outside London.

Harry’s defeat against Associated Newspapers brought an end to a trio of lawsuits accusing tabloid publishers of using unlawful tactics, such as phone hacking or hiring private detectives to dig up dirt on his life.

Harry won a judgment in 2023 that condemned the publishers of the Daily Mirror for “widespread and habitual” phone hacking. Last year, Rupert Murdoch’s flagship U.K. tabloid, The Sun, made an unprecedented apology for intruding on his life for years and agreed to pay substantial damages to settle his privacy invasion lawsuit.

Harry has said his litigation — in which he broke with royal family tradition to seek relief in the courts — was a primary source of his falling out with his father, King Charles III, and brother Prince William.

His grudge with the tabloids runs deep and his legal actions are part of his larger quest to reform the news media that he says damaged his relationships and made him “ paranoid beyond belief.”

 He blames the press for the death of his mother, Princess Diana, who was killed in a car crash in 1997 while being pursued by paparazzi in Paris, and for attacks on his wife, Meghan, that led the couple to abandon royal life and move to the United States in 2020.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Chinese Man Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Hacking Scheme Targeting BTS Band Member

August 22, 2026
World

Police Shoot Suspect in Sweden School Sword Attack: Several Injured

August 22, 2026
World

Türkiye asks Interpol to help arrest Netanyahu

August 22, 2026
World

Accused Drug Trafficker Resumes Work As Sinaloa Governor Despite Being Wanted by USDOJ

August 22, 2026
World

Is Israel trying to start a proxy war in Syria?

August 22, 2026
World

Argentina Extradites Mexican Vice Admiral Wanted in Home Country for Illegal Fuel Smuggling Conspiracy

August 22, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Progressive Aisha Wahab Wins Special Election to Replace Former Rep. Eric Swalwell

August 22, 2026

HORROR: Multiple Patients Paralyzed at Nashville Hospital After ‘Pharmacy Error’ Leads to Drug Mix-Up

August 22, 2026

Prince Harry, Elton John, Liz Hurley, More Ordered to Pay Initial $13 Million to Daily Mail Publisher After Losing Privacy Case

August 22, 2026

O’Keefe Exposes Alaska Voting Loophole as Murkowski Opposes SAVE America Act

August 22, 2026
Latest News

Former MSNBC Host Chris Matthews Says Republicans Will Get ‘Nasty’ Before Midterms, Paint All Dems as Socialists (VIDEO)

August 22, 2026

Police Shoot Suspect in Sweden School Sword Attack: Several Injured

August 22, 2026

US Set to Impose 50% Tariffs on $20 billion Worth of Canadian Products

August 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Chinese Man Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Hacking Scheme Targeting BTS Band Member

August 22, 2026

Progressive Aisha Wahab Wins Special Election to Replace Former Rep. Eric Swalwell

August 22, 2026

HORROR: Multiple Patients Paralyzed at Nashville Hospital After ‘Pharmacy Error’ Leads to Drug Mix-Up

August 22, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.