Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Ex-Pakistani PM Imran Khan moved back to jail after medical checkup

August 21, 2026

Texas AG Ken Paxton Wears XX-XY Shirt to WNBA Game in Dallas Last Night

August 21, 2026

Liquid Death and Jason Kelce’s Garage Beer Mockingly Call on Americans to Save Urine to Cool AI Data Centers

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Friday, August 21
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»Maduro responds to Trump authorizing CIA ops in Venezuela
World

Maduro responds to Trump authorizing CIA ops in Venezuela

Press RoomBy Press RoomOctober 19, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

The US leader’s open acknowledgment is unprecedented and smacks of desperation, the president has said

US President Donald Trump’s public confirmation that he authorized CIA operations inside Venezuela has no precedent and is another sign that he is openly seeking regime change in the Latin American nation, President Nicolas Maduro has said.

This week, Trump confirmed that he had authorized CIA activity in Venezuela, which the US leader said was driven by concerns over Caracas “emptying their prisons” into the US and alleged state-linked drug trafficking. Trump, however, declined to say whether the CIA had authority to “take out” Maduro.

On Thursday, Maduro hit out at the US president, saying that “this has never been seen before.” “They have always done it, but no previous government, since the CIA was established, has ever publicly said that it ordered the CIA to kill, overthrow, and destroy countries,” the Venezuelan president said, calling the announcement “desperate.”


He recalled several Cold War-era coups across Latin America that he attributed to US intelligence, adding that the CIA “declassified documents proving its involvement, even apologizing in some cases.” According to Maduro, “imperialists” in the West are interested in Venezuela due to its resources, such as oil, gas, and gold.

Since the beginning of September, Washington has been pursuing a campaign against alleged drug-running boats, claiming they are linked to Maduro’s government. The US has destroyed at least six vessels in Caribbean waters, with more than two dozen people killed. Maduro has rejected US allegations while ordering Venezuela’s military to prepare for a conflict.

Earlier this month, a New York Times article claimed that Trump ordered his administration to end all diplomatic outreach to Caracas and prepare scenarios for a “potential military escalation,” including an attempt to force Maduro out of power.

Another article by the NYT indicated that Maduro offered the US sweeping economic concessions to ease tensions, but that Washington rejected the deal due to disagreements over the Venezuelan leader’s political future.

Asked on Friday about those reports, Trump claimed that Maduro had “offered everything,” suggesting that “he doesn’t want to f**k around with the United States.”

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Ex-Pakistani PM Imran Khan moved back to jail after medical checkup

August 21, 2026
World

Prosecutors to Retry British Rapper Yung Filly on 3 Rape Charges in Australia

August 21, 2026
World

Israel warns Türkiye over Syria

August 21, 2026
World

Hong Kong Activists Convicted of ‘Subversion’ for Mourning Tiananmen Square Massacre

August 21, 2026
World

D-Day for Iran, Meta on trial, Russia takes on the UK: RT stories that shaped the week

August 21, 2026
World

‘Suits’ Redux? Meghan Markle Could Return to Acting When Back in UK, Reports Suggest

August 21, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Texas AG Ken Paxton Wears XX-XY Shirt to WNBA Game in Dallas Last Night

August 21, 2026

Liquid Death and Jason Kelce’s Garage Beer Mockingly Call on Americans to Save Urine to Cool AI Data Centers

August 21, 2026

Prosecutors to Retry British Rapper Yung Filly on 3 Rape Charges in Australia

August 21, 2026

WATCH: NYC Socialist Candidate Darializa Avila Chevalier Claims She Is ‘Focused’ on General Election While Touring Uruguay with Fellow Leftists

August 21, 2026
Latest News

Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass Calls on California AG Rob Bonta to Settle Lawsuit with Paramount

August 21, 2026

Israel warns Türkiye over Syria

August 21, 2026

Women’s Basketball Superstar Caitlin Clark Is TACKLED, MUGGED on Court in Latest WNBA Violence (Video)

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Ex-Pakistani PM Imran Khan moved back to jail after medical checkup

August 21, 2026

Texas AG Ken Paxton Wears XX-XY Shirt to WNBA Game in Dallas Last Night

August 21, 2026

Liquid Death and Jason Kelce’s Garage Beer Mockingly Call on Americans to Save Urine to Cool AI Data Centers

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.