Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Darline Graham: ‘I Was Just Honest,’ Many People Can’t Find Taiwan on a Map, Care About Other Issues

August 21, 2026

US debt tops $40 trillion months earlier than expected

August 21, 2026

NBA Vet Hoping to Join WNBA as First ‘Trans’ Player Says He’s Coming for Caitlin Clark’s Biggest Hater, Angel Reese

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Friday, August 21
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»Italian court approves extradition of Nord Stream suspect to Germany
World

Italian court approves extradition of Nord Stream suspect to Germany

Press RoomBy Press RoomOctober 28, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

The Ukrainian national will remain in the country while his case is appealed in Italy’s top court

An Italian appeals court has approved Germany’s extradition request for a Ukrainian man suspected of involvement in the 2022 bombing of the Nord Stream pipelines.

The man, former military officer Sergey Kuznetsov, is believed to be the coordinator in the sabotage of the pipelines, built to carry Russian gas to Germany under the Baltic Sea. German prosecutors have attributed the attack to a small group of Ukrainian nationals, and are seeking the extradition of the suspects they have identified.

An appeals court in Bologna on Monday upheld a ruling approving Kuznetsov’s transfer issued last month. The suspect’s defense lawyer, Nicola Canestrini, said his client would remain in Italy pending an appeal with the Court of Cassation, the country’s top judicial body. The hearing is expected to take place in around a month.

“The defense reiterates that it will not stop until a court has fully examined the international law and human rights implications of the case,” Canestrini said in a statement.

Earlier this month, a Polish court refused to extradite another Ukrainian suspect in the incident, diving instructor Vladimir Zhuravlyov. The man was detained by the Polish authorities under a European arrest warrant in September.


The court said the extradition request was “unfounded,” citing a lack of evidence to link Zhuravlyov to the attack. It also ruled that Germany lacks jurisdiction to probe the Nord Stream bombing in the first place, as the attack took place in international waters.

Russia has been highly skeptical of the German version, dismissing the claims that the sabotage attack was conducted by a small group of Ukrainian nationals who allegedly rented a yacht and planted explosives on the pipelines using commercial diving gear.

Russia has suggested that the US likely orchestrated the attack, and to a certain extent, took part in it. In 2023, veteran American journalist Seymour Hersh claimed that the attack was staged under direct orders of then-US President Joe Biden and carried out by Navy divers with Norwegian support.

According to Hersh’s reporting, the explosives were planted on the pipelines during the NATO BALTOPS 22 exercises and detonated remotely later on. Both Washington and Oslo have strongly denied the allegations.

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

EXCLUSIVE: 11 Cruise Ship Crewmembers Arrested for Child Porn Offenses

August 21, 2026
World

Mexican President Rushes to Defend Former President’s Son Over Illegal Fuel Allegations

August 20, 2026
World

French police storm beach to stop migrant Channel crossing (VIDEO)

August 20, 2026
World

California Fleeing: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Heading Back to UK

August 20, 2026
World

Ceuta: Spanish Govt Readying for ‘Urgent’ Transfer of 500+ Minor Migrant Girls to Mainland Spain

August 20, 2026
World

The unborn are dying in the siege of Gaza

August 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

US debt tops $40 trillion months earlier than expected

August 21, 2026

NBA Vet Hoping to Join WNBA as First ‘Trans’ Player Says He’s Coming for Caitlin Clark’s Biggest Hater, Angel Reese

August 21, 2026

EXCLUSIVE: 11 Cruise Ship Crewmembers Arrested for Child Porn Offenses

August 21, 2026

Poll: Mike Rogers and Abdul El-Sayed Virtually Tied in Michigan Senate Race

August 21, 2026
Latest News

Ossoff: No One Cares About ‘Sycophantic’ Natalie Harp’s Feelings

August 21, 2026

OUTRAGE: Far-Left NJ Gov. Mikie Sherrill Signs Draconian Law That Will Effectively Block People from Praying Outside Abortion Centers

August 20, 2026

‘Strap In’—Treasury’s Bessent Just Dropped A Massive Bitcoin Price Bombshell

August 20, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Darline Graham: ‘I Was Just Honest,’ Many People Can’t Find Taiwan on a Map, Care About Other Issues

August 21, 2026

US debt tops $40 trillion months earlier than expected

August 21, 2026

NBA Vet Hoping to Join WNBA as First ‘Trans’ Player Says He’s Coming for Caitlin Clark’s Biggest Hater, Angel Reese

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.