Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Trump rants about ‘LOSER’ MAGA defectors

August 22, 2026

BREAKING: Killer Karmelo Anthony DENIED a New Trial After Revelations of Damning Texts and School Records

August 22, 2026

ICE arrested the ‘worst of the worst.’ Washington made sure he walked free

August 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Saturday, August 22
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»Ecuadorian president survives ‘assassination attempt’ – minister (VIDEOS)
World

Ecuadorian president survives ‘assassination attempt’ – minister (VIDEOS)

Press RoomBy Press RoomOctober 8, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

The incident happened amid protests against Daniel Noboa’s reforms which critics claim harm the country’s indigenous community

Five people have been detained following an alleged assassination attempt on Ecuadorian President Daniel Noboa, Energy Minister Ines Manzano announced on Tuesday. Noboa has faced protests over reforms which critics claim harm the country’s indigenous people.

The incident occurred when Noboa’s car was surrounded by around 500 protesters as he arrived in the south-central province of Canar – home to a large indigenous community – to unveil new infrastructure projects on water treatment and sewage. Footage released by the presidency and videos posted online show protesters hurling stones at the convoy, cracking the windows.

Manzano told reporters that Noboa’s car was badly damaged and police later found bullet marks on the exterior. The president was unharmed, but the minister said she has filed an official report of an “assassination attempt.” Five suspects have been detained in connection with the attack.

A pesar del ataque de un grupo a la caravana presidencial en Cañar, que se dirigía a anunciar la construcción de la planta de tratamiento en la provincia por USD 4.5 millones que beneficiará a 26.000 habitantes, a entregar el sistema de alcantarillado de Sigsihuayco de USD… pic.twitter.com/VJQIymtjwf

— Presidencia Ecuador 🇪🇨 (@Presidencia_Ec) October 7, 2025

The president’s office later vowed accountability.

“Obeying orders to radicalize, they attacked a presidential motorcade carrying civilians. They attempted to forcibly prevent the delivery of a project intended to improve the lives of the community,” it said on X, adding that those arrested would be prosecuted for terrorism and attempted murder.

🚨#ATENCIÓN | Así terminaron los vehículos de la caravana presidencial que fueron atacados por manifestantes en la provincia de Cañar. Allí, el Primer Mandatario, Daniel Noboa, tenía previsto cumplir puntos de su agenda. pic.twitter.com/fEacgd0c5K

— NotiMundo (@notimundoec) October 7, 2025

It was not the first attack on Noboa’s convoy. Last month, around 350 protesters stormed a motorcade carrying the president during demonstrations in Imbabura province.

The unrest follows Noboa’s economic and security reforms aimed at stabilizing Ecuador and curbing drug trafficking. His government recently ended a decades-old fuel subsidy, saying the move would cut spending and redirect funds to social programs. Critics, however, argued that the measure hurts low-income and indigenous families.

The Confederation of Indigenous Nationalities of Ecuador (CONAIE), the country’s main indigenous organization, launched a strike over the subsidy cut and led weeks of protests, blocking roads and clashing with police. The authorities claim that “terrorist groups” infiltrated the demonstrations, prompting a state of emergency in ten provinces over “serious internal unrest” last weekend.

READ MORE:
Global cocaine production hits all-time high – UN

CONAIE acknowledged links to the convoy incident, writing on X that “five of us have been arbitrarily detained.” The group denied any assassination plot, however, instead accusing the government of “brutal police and military action” against demonstrators.

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT on
RT



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Trump rants about ‘LOSER’ MAGA defectors

August 22, 2026
World

ICE arrested the ‘worst of the worst.’ Washington made sure he walked free

August 22, 2026
World

Migrant Tent Encampment Returns as Effort to Clear Ceuta Beach of Illegals Fails

August 22, 2026
World

Israeli settlers kill Palestinian teenager in occupied West Bank

August 22, 2026
World

Seven Dead, Including Two Police Officers, in England Car Crash

August 22, 2026
World

Mexico’s Ruling Party Turns Back on Accused Drug Lord After His Return to State Governor’s Office

August 22, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

BREAKING: Killer Karmelo Anthony DENIED a New Trial After Revelations of Damning Texts and School Records

August 22, 2026

ICE arrested the ‘worst of the worst.’ Washington made sure he walked free

August 22, 2026

Tennessee Teen Girl Storms Football field and Lands Clean Tackle on Middle-School Player – Later Reveals the Reason for Her Action as She’s Charged with Assault (VIDEO)

August 22, 2026

Central Banks Change Their Minds on “Safe Haven” Assets

August 22, 2026
Latest News

Celebs Say They’re Getting Scammed by Fake Podcast Bookings

August 22, 2026

Migrant Tent Encampment Returns as Effort to Clear Ceuta Beach of Illegals Fails

August 22, 2026

U.S. and Canada Fail to Reach Trade Pact to Avert Trump Tariffs

August 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Trump rants about ‘LOSER’ MAGA defectors

August 22, 2026

BREAKING: Killer Karmelo Anthony DENIED a New Trial After Revelations of Damning Texts and School Records

August 22, 2026

ICE arrested the ‘worst of the worst.’ Washington made sure he walked free

August 22, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.