Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

BREAKING: Judge John Roach Recused from Karmelo Anthony Murder Appeal After Defense Challenged His Post-Trial Comments About the Verdict

August 19, 2026

The Fourth Circuit Says Border Agents Can Search Your Phone By Hand, No Suspicion Required

August 19, 2026

Nolte: Even After Record Heat Deaths Belgium Retards Refuse Air Conditioning

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Wednesday, August 19
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»US targets ICC chief in push to ‘dismantle’ court
World

US targets ICC chief in push to ‘dismantle’ court

Press RoomBy Press RoomAugust 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

Secretary of State Marco Rubio has sanctioned Tomoko Akane and a senior trial lawyer amid a dispute over the Netanyahu arrest warrant

The US has imposed sanctions on two senior International Criminal Court (ICC) officials, accusing The Hague-based institution of overstepping its authority.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio on Tuesday designated ICC President Tomoko Akane and senior trial lawyer Abdoulaye Seye, describing the court as a “corrupt and fatally politicized supranational court that has maliciously abused its authority and exceeded its mandate.”

The designations are a part of a campaign announced by Rubio last month to “systematically dismantle the threat posed” by the ICC to US sovereignty.

Rubio has accused the court of targeting nationals of countries that have neither consented to its jurisdiction nor ratified the Rome Statute. The ICC previously investigated alleged crimes by US military and intelligence personnel in Afghanistan despite Washington not being a member.


Israel likewise rejects the court’s jurisdiction. Nevertheless, in 2024 the ICC issued arrest warrants for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant over alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza. A February 2025 executive order signed by US President Donald Trump condemned the warrants.

Seye worked on the prosecution team involved in the Netanyahu case. Israeli outlet Ynet reported in May that he was also overseeing an ICC investigation into funding for West Bank settlements and the supply of weapons to settlers. Netanyahu welcomed the latest US sanctions, denouncing the ICC as a “kangaroo court.”

The ICC said on Wednesday it “strongly rejects” the new designations, calling them “a flagrant attack against the independence of an impartial judicial institution.”

The court has also faced criticism elsewhere. Burkina Faso, Mali, and Niger have initiated withdrawals this summer, while Chad followed in July, accusing the ICC of disproportionately focusing on Africa.

READ MORE:
Netanyahu accuses NYC Mayor Mamdani of backing Iran, Hamas, and Hezbollah

The Philippines withdrew in 2019, but the ICC maintained jurisdiction over crimes allegedly committed while the country was a member. Former President Rodrigo Duterte was arrested under an ICC warrant in March 2025 over alleged crimes against humanity linked to killings during his anti-drug campaign and transferred to The Hague.

Russia has likewise rejected the court’s authority. The ICC issued arrest warrants for President Vladimir Putin and Children’s Rights Commissioner Maria Lvova-Belova in March 2023 over the alleged unlawful deportation and transfer of Ukrainian children to Russia. Moscow dismissed the warrants as legally null and void and rejected the allegations, saying it evacuated unaccompanied children from the war zone and is ready to return them to their legal guardians upon request.

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Nolte: Even After Record Heat Deaths Belgium Retards Refuse Air Conditioning

August 19, 2026
World

Switzerland to Resume Sending Asylum Seekers Back to Italy

August 19, 2026
World

WATCH beaming Israeli security minister unveil execution facility for Palestinians

August 19, 2026
World

Pride in Britain, State Institutions, Legacy Media Collapses, Report Finds

August 19, 2026
World

Ukrainian Citizen Convicted of Espionage in Germany Jailed

August 19, 2026
World

Kentucky farmers take on AI data-center boom – WSJ

August 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

The Fourth Circuit Says Border Agents Can Search Your Phone By Hand, No Suspicion Required

August 19, 2026

Nolte: Even After Record Heat Deaths Belgium Retards Refuse Air Conditioning

August 19, 2026

Number of UK Welfare Recipients Hits Record High of 8.4 Million

August 19, 2026

KY Gov. Andy Beshear: ‘Absolutely Nothing Back’ from Mitch McConnell After Demands for Health Update

August 19, 2026
Latest News

Watch: In Just 30 Seconds Bill Maher Uses Actual History to Defeat One of Palestinians’ Dirtiest Gaza Lies

August 19, 2026

‘The Pitt’ Star Noah Wyle Hopes David Ellison Only ‘Saber Rattling’ About Paramount Leaving California: ‘Going to Take Hollywood Out of Hollywood’

August 19, 2026

Trump says he told Cory Mills to ‘get out of the race’

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

BREAKING: Judge John Roach Recused from Karmelo Anthony Murder Appeal After Defense Challenged His Post-Trial Comments About the Verdict

August 19, 2026

The Fourth Circuit Says Border Agents Can Search Your Phone By Hand, No Suspicion Required

August 19, 2026

Nolte: Even After Record Heat Deaths Belgium Retards Refuse Air Conditioning

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.