Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

John Cornyn Staffer Joins Democrat James Talarico’s Campaign

August 18, 2026

Transgender Defendant Convicted of Crimes Connected to Attempted Assassination of Treasury Secretary Bessent Sentenced to 6 Years in Federal Prison

August 18, 2026

Mexico Not Investigating Former President AMLO’s Son

August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Tuesday, August 18
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»TikTok and Meta to Increase Censorship of Supposed Disinfo over Ceuta Migrant Invasion
World

TikTok and Meta to Increase Censorship of Supposed Disinfo over Ceuta Migrant Invasion

Press RoomBy Press RoomAugust 18, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

Brussels has claimed that Meta and TikTok have voluntarily agreed to ramp up censorship efforts in the wake of the Ceuta migrant invasion last month.

The European Commission said last week that following talks with the two American tech giants, held under the ever-present threat of hefty fines from the bloc, Facebook owner Meta and TikTok said that they would take it upon themselves to ramp up measures to stem the spread of so-called disinformation surrounding the storming of Spain’s Ceuta territory by over 72,000 illegals from Morocco within just a day.

Footage of the thousands of mostly young males clambering across the ill defended border sparked widespread condemnation over the open borders policies of both the socialist government in Madrid and the globalist overseers in Brussels.

The record-setting rush has left various parties pointing fingers in search of someone to blame, with some in Spain blaming the Islamist Moroccan government, others pointing at the pro-mass migration Socialist Workers Party government of Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez in Madrid, and others still suggesting that people smuggling networks were behind the migrant invasion.

However, Brussels appears to be setting up one of its favourite punching bags, social media, to take the blame for the Spanish — and therefore EU — border being completely overrun by tens of thousands of aliens. According to the European Commission, rumours circulated in the hours before the invasion claiming that “the Ceuta border is open”.

A spokesman for the bloc’s federal branch, Balazs Ujvari, said that the Commission has come to an agreement with the European police force, Europol, and the two social media platforms to adopt a mechanism to coordinate in real time during major events with local fact-checkers, Le Monde reported.

The mechanism can be activated under the EU’s Digital Services Act (DSA) censorship framework and was voluntarily triggered by both Meta and TikTok amid the Ceuta crisis. The system, coordinated by the EU Commission, seeks to provide “better information from fact-checkers” and allows Brussels to flag “harmful disinformation related to, for example, a potential new mass crossing of the border.”

“The platforms confirmed that they activated their crisis protocols and… it was decided that an ad hoc escalation and cooperation mechanism would be put in place,” Ujvari said. “For now, we think that this is an effective tool. But of course, if needed, we are ready to go further.”

Under the Digital Services Act, the European Union can fine large social media companies up to 6 per cent of their global revenue for failing to remove so-called disinformation and hate speech from their platforms. Of the major American social media firms, only Elon Musk’s X platform has faced significant fines since the DSA came into effect.

While the bloc officially claimed that the fine was primarily due to “deceptive practices” related to the blue checkmark verification, observers have suggested that the €120 million was retaliation for Musk reducing censorship on the platform.

A Meta spokesman said that it has devoted a team of employees dedicated to “monitoring the situation in Ceuta in real time and removing content that violates our policies – including content that offers to provide, facilitate or seek human smuggling services.”

Follow Kurt Zindulka on X: Follow @KurtZindulka or e-mail to: [email protected]



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Mexico Not Investigating Former President AMLO’s Son

August 18, 2026
World

‘Operation Drugs Unlimited’: 14 indicted over alleged US college frat cocaine racket

August 18, 2026
World

Court orders Pakistan’s jailed ex-PM Imran Khan to be moved to hospital

August 18, 2026
World

Syria Receives U.S. Support After Blaming Israel for Bombing of Military Airport

August 18, 2026
World

Kanye-Putin meeting ‘possible’ – Russian lawmaker

August 18, 2026
World

Report: Ceuta Illegal Migrant Entries Surged 191% BEFORE Invasion Began

August 18, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Transgender Defendant Convicted of Crimes Connected to Attempted Assassination of Treasury Secretary Bessent Sentenced to 6 Years in Federal Prison

August 18, 2026

Mexico Not Investigating Former President AMLO’s Son

August 18, 2026

Capital Spending Boom Lifts US Manufacturing Beyond AI

August 18, 2026

Ossoff: ‘We’re in Banana Republic Territory’ with Trump Family Corruption

August 18, 2026
Latest News

‘Operation Drugs Unlimited’: 14 indicted over alleged US college frat cocaine racket

August 18, 2026

“I’m Not Political” Just Means “I Support The Status Quo”

August 18, 2026

South Carolina Police Department Says Officer Used Flock Cameras to Stalk Ex-Boyfriend 166 Times

August 18, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

John Cornyn Staffer Joins Democrat James Talarico’s Campaign

August 18, 2026

Transgender Defendant Convicted of Crimes Connected to Attempted Assassination of Treasury Secretary Bessent Sentenced to 6 Years in Federal Prison

August 18, 2026

Mexico Not Investigating Former President AMLO’s Son

August 18, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.