Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Trump says he will meet Kim Jong-un this year (VIDEO)

August 20, 2026

REVEALED: Relative of James Comey Sent Blistering Text to Wife Patrice Comey for Posting “Call to Violence” Against President Trump

August 20, 2026

Rick Scott: Trump Is ‘Going to Have to’ Follow Through on Threat to Hit Infrastructure if Iran Fires on Ships

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Thursday, August 20
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»White House trolls BBC over top executives’ resignations
World

White House trolls BBC over top executives’ resignations

Press RoomBy Press RoomNovember 10, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

The broadcaster’s director general and news chief have left their positions in the wake of a scandal over their 2021 US Capitol riot coverage

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt has mocked the BBC after its director general and head of news announced their resignations on Sunday.

The development follows a scandal linked to a documentary about US President Donald Trump’s role in the 2021 Capitol riots, which had previously drawn criticism from Washington.

Leavitt posted screenshots of two media reports with the caption ‘shot/chaser’, referencing a popular meme format. The first showed a Telegraph headline claiming Trump was “going to war” with the BBC, while the second was the BBC’s own report on the resignation of its director general, Tim Davie.

Davie stepped down alongside the head of news, Deborah Turness. The director general did not give specific reasons for his departure, stating only that “there have been some mistakes made.” Turness said the “ongoing controversy around the Panorama [program] on President Trump has reached a stage where it is causing damage to the BBC.”


The British broadcaster was recently accused of misleading the public in its coverage of Trump’s role in the Capitol riots. Leavitt earlier described the BBC as a “Leftist propaganda machine” and “100 percent fake news.”

The BBC is funded through a mandatory annual license fee of £174.50 ($229), with the UK government also directly covering about one-third of its World Service budget.

UK Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport Lisa Nandy responded to the resignations by thanking Davie for his “service to public broadcasting over many years” and said the BBC must “adapt” to a new era and maintain “its role at the heart of national life for decades to come.”

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Trump says he will meet Kim Jong-un this year (VIDEO)

August 20, 2026
World

Rick Scott: Trump Is ‘Going to Have to’ Follow Through on Threat to Hit Infrastructure if Iran Fires on Ships

August 20, 2026
World

Whoever wins the Meta trial, the masses will remain willing slaves

August 19, 2026
World

Ex-Wimbledon Finalist Nick Kyrgios Suspended After Positive Cocaine Test

August 19, 2026
World

Democrat Texas Reps Urge Cities to Separate Ties with ICE

August 19, 2026
World

Second ‘suspect’ in Nord Stream blast case arrested

August 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

REVEALED: Relative of James Comey Sent Blistering Text to Wife Patrice Comey for Posting “Call to Violence” Against President Trump

August 20, 2026

Rick Scott: Trump Is ‘Going to Have to’ Follow Through on Threat to Hit Infrastructure if Iran Fires on Ships

August 20, 2026

Study: Paramount-Warner Bros. Merger Could Mean Mass Job Losses for Hollywood

August 20, 2026

Florida DSA Senate Candidate’s Crazy Moments: Quotes Marxist Cop Killer, Calls Drag Shows ‘Wholesome Entertainment’ for Children

August 20, 2026
Latest News

Whoever wins the Meta trial, the masses will remain willing slaves

August 19, 2026

BREAKING: President Trump Announces “The Most Crushing Economic Operation Ever Taken Against Any Country” – Against Iran

August 19, 2026

Ex-Wimbledon Finalist Nick Kyrgios Suspended After Positive Cocaine Test

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Trump says he will meet Kim Jong-un this year (VIDEO)

August 20, 2026

REVEALED: Relative of James Comey Sent Blistering Text to Wife Patrice Comey for Posting “Call to Violence” Against President Trump

August 20, 2026

Rick Scott: Trump Is ‘Going to Have to’ Follow Through on Threat to Hit Infrastructure if Iran Fires on Ships

August 20, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.