Close Menu
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
Trending

Trump abandons ‘hammer Iran ASAP’ approach – CNN

August 20, 2026

FLORIDA FAFO: Vicious Left-Backed Judge Who BLOCKED Trump Presidential Library Is KICKED OFF THE BENCH by 30-Year-Old Conservative Attorney Destiny Alvarez

August 20, 2026

Report: Cuban Intel Agents Posed as Athletes During Dominican Republic Games

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elections 2024
  • Elon Musk
  • Israel War
  • Ukraine War
  • Policy
  • Immigration
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
Newsletter
Thursday, August 20
  • News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
  • More Articles
The Politic ReviewThe Politic Review
  • United States
  • World
  • Politics
  • Elections
  • Congress
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Money
  • Tech
Home»World»IAEA chief condemns Trump’s nuclear test plan
World

IAEA chief condemns Trump’s nuclear test plan

Press RoomBy Press RoomNovember 5, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram

The US president’s decision undermines international security, Rafael Grossi has said

US President Donald Trump’s decision to resume nuclear weapon testing is indicative of a deepening global crisis and weakens the international system of security and peace, the director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Rafael Grossi, has said.

Speaking to France’s LCI TV channel on Tuesday, Grossi described Trump’s announcement as a “manifestation of profound unease, tension, and increasing fragmentation,” adding that it undermines both global peace and the non-proliferation regime.

Last week, Trump ordered the US Department of War to begin preparations for nuclear testing, claiming that the US is “the only country that doesn’t test” and accusing Russia and China of conducting “secret” nuclear explosions. Both Moscow and Beijing have refuted the allegations.

Grossi questioned the veracity of Trump’s claims, emphasizing that any nuclear detonations by other nations would be detected by the international monitoring system established under the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty. The IAEA chief noted that the organization responsible for overseeing compliance “can immediately record such phenomena.”


Grossi called for the restoration of the United Nations’ role in maintaining global peace and safeguarding the nuclear non-proliferation system amid rising tensions.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has so far refrained from commenting on Trump’s statements, explaining that Moscow is still waiting for “clarifications from the American side.” He stressed that neither Russia nor China had resumed nuclear testing and both remain committed to their obligations under the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty.

Trump’s announcement came after Russia conducted a series of tests, including the launch of its new Burevestnik nuclear-powered cruise missile and the Poseidon underwater drone. However, neither of these trials involved actual nuclear detonations. 

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that Moscow would consider resuming the testing of nuclear weapons only if other nuclear powers officially abandon the moratorium.

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link

Related Articles

World

Trump abandons ‘hammer Iran ASAP’ approach – CNN

August 20, 2026
World

Report: Cuban Intel Agents Posed as Athletes During Dominican Republic Games

August 20, 2026
World

Would Erdogan actually go to war with Israel?

August 20, 2026
World

UAE Suspends All Trade with Fellow BRICS Member Iran After Latest Missile Attack

August 20, 2026
World

Iran Demands Compensation from Ukraine for Bombing Suspected Weapons Shipment to Russia

August 20, 2026
World

Trans would-be assassin jailed over plot to kill US treasury secretary

August 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

FLORIDA FAFO: Vicious Left-Backed Judge Who BLOCKED Trump Presidential Library Is KICKED OFF THE BENCH by 30-Year-Old Conservative Attorney Destiny Alvarez

August 20, 2026

Report: Cuban Intel Agents Posed as Athletes During Dominican Republic Games

August 20, 2026

Exclusive: NRSC Ad Slams Abdul El-Sayed over ‘Toxic Masculinity’ Comments

August 20, 2026

Would Erdogan actually go to war with Israel?

August 20, 2026
Latest News

No Kidding… DOJ Says There’s ‘No Serious Dispute’ Fired FBI Chief Comey’s Seashell Post Could Be Read as Trump Threat

August 20, 2026

UAE Suspends All Trade with Fellow BRICS Member Iran After Latest Missile Attack

August 20, 2026

DOT Sec. Sean Duffy Hits the Road with Family for ‘Great American Road Trip’ Series

August 20, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

The Politic Review is your one-stop website for the latest politics news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Latest Articles

Trump abandons ‘hammer Iran ASAP’ approach – CNN

August 20, 2026

FLORIDA FAFO: Vicious Left-Backed Judge Who BLOCKED Trump Presidential Library Is KICKED OFF THE BENCH by 30-Year-Old Conservative Attorney Destiny Alvarez

August 20, 2026

Report: Cuban Intel Agents Posed as Athletes During Dominican Republic Games

August 20, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest politics news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.